Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

An Artist on the 4th July

What should an artist paint on Independence Day? Maybe some thing using the colors Red, White, and Blue? What do they mean? Well I looked it up...
White: Signifies purity and innocence
Red: Signifies valor and bravery
Blue: Signifies Vigilance, perseverance, and justice  

Wow, this will be a difficult one to paint. Are we as a nation living up to the colors of our flag?
WHITE...  In my opinion, the age of purity and innocence has past. so the I will have to use Pains Grey
RED...I will have to mix blue into the red to get the bloodiest red. Seems like we have to sacrifice our sons and daughters in wars that last 9 years. There is more valor and bravery then is necessary these days.
BLUE...I will use several shades of blue. Vigilance Dark Blue, perseverance Dark to light Blue, and  justice Light Blue. We are Vigilant to the point of loosing Freedoms and justice is easy to loose while being Vigilant. Perseverance is getting tested as we battle tar balls on our beaches and wet lands.

So now you know my thoughts on this 4th of July. I will try to create a painting that symbolizes my feelings as well as a statement of where we are as a nation and where we should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment