Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Past Artists remembered...

As you can see,if you follow my blog, I like Pablo Picasso. I think that he and I could have been good friends. A lot of the his quotes I put on the blog are how I feel also.
Seems that several artists that I liked and who were good friends are now dead. Time has a way of doing that. Not fair!
I have an abstract portrait of me that my artist friend Steve Sanada painted around 76. I lost track of him so I went online to find him again. I found him on an artist group...they said that he "passed on". There were others too, artists friends now gone, that influenced my work.
So I thank them for being my friends and I am glad that there are new artist friends, in my life, with whom I can exchange ideas.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gene. This is Steve Sanada's youngest daughter, Lee. I know what you mean about time not being fair. I remember visiting your home in S. FL a couple times. My dad was your daughter's Godfather. Seems like yesterday. Now I picture him in heaven painting some of the amazing sunsets I see. Love your work. Keep it up. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is a surprise. I must admit, that I can't recall your visits. Your father was a great friend and I was so taken back when I read about his death. How did you find me? Do you know what ever happened to Jerry Mawinne (sp)I never was able to track him down.
      Thank you Joel I'm glad you like my work.

      Delete
    2. Actually, I "Googled" my dad's name & saw your blog entry above. I don't remember Jerry, although the name rings a bell (a faint, quiet bell, but...) :) I know he was a good friend. He was my friend and the best father a girl could ask for. Dad seems to have touched so many lives, and my mom, siblings & I are thankful each time we hear from or about one of them. I know each artist is an individual, but I can spot an artist anywhere. Must be that special touch of creativity from the Master Creator that sparkles in their eyes. Thanks.
      ~Lee Sanada Walker "Let the weak say 'I am strong'" (Joel 3:10)

      Delete
    3. My Aunt lived in New Britain Ct, when she passed on I received several paintings signed simply Sanada. Been searching to find who this person was and was excited to see the signature on the above painting indicating possibly my paintings artist. They are varied in style, from modern with bold color to horses in a heavy mist, to a portrait done of my Aunt Eleanor

      Delete