Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Almost there...

The garage sale is over. We still have lots of stuff to some how get rid of. Oops, just sold some more today! One of the neighbors came over to look around and wow did she see a lot that she bought. But Laurie was into some serious bargaining! Typical Latin way.
My Spanish is terrible but I managed to figure out what they wanted and then convert from Dollars to Colonies.
They liked my paintings but no offers and I don't bargain well.
I'm waiting when we board our flight, knowing that we won't be coming back, settles into my brain. Eight years of our lives have been living in Costa Rica and now we start all over again. For me it's a mixed bag, the excitement of moving to a new country and the sadness of leaving friends behind.
We have new friends in Lima that will be waiting to greet us when we arrive. We won't feel alone. I hope I can keep up with the blog and make it interesting enough for others to read and enjoy. I know that the weeks ahead will be filled with laughter and anxiety as we deal with getting settled in Peru.

2 comments:

  1. Gene (and Laurie), when do you actually leave? Send me your flight numbers, and I'll keep the plane in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene: I've been here 8 years. You said you've been here six. Was I here for 2 years by myself and didn't notice?
    Please be sure to email Larry with our flight numbers so he can keep us in the air.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete