Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

The day after Mothers Day

As I take my daily walk in the mall I notice the leftover flowers are on sale. All the stores in the mall have Spanglish signs in the windows "Se Sale". The food court is only a quarter full. What a difference from Saturday and Sunday. I stop at my favorite place Cinna-bon for coffee. Then I take a rest from my walk down the hill. I enjoy drinking my coffee while I people watch. There seem to be two sizes in young women walking through the mall today anorexic and obese. The men seem to be in the middle.
Today the mall maintenance people were working on tall ladders and going into openings in the ceiling.
I turned to a sketch I was working on in my little note book. A nude women sitting on the ground her back against a long wall. She looks sad for some reason and her hair hangs down as if not combed in a long time. The only cover she has is small rag over her feet.
I stopped sketching and put the book away. Finished my coffee and continued on walk through the mall.    

2 comments:

  1. You certainly have interesting walks. Glad to hear there's some art involved, even if your studio is "closed" for the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the phrase "anorexic or obese." Would cover a lot of places in the US, too.

    ReplyDelete