Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Big day in Costa Rica...

Such a big day in Costa Rica and I almost slept till noon, Mothers Day!! Aug. 15th.
But mother nature didn't care and sent rain almost all day. Maybe it was her tears from watching as we pollute and ravage the country side with trash and bill boards. That's right bill boards, and big, tall SOB'S that almost block out the sun. But I shouldn't get started on that on this Sunday mothers day.
I sold another painting! One of our great friends Linda, told Laurie that she wanted to buy the one I called Night Flowers. I love it when I know that the painting will be with a wonder person.
Makes me wonder if I could sell a painting to someone I didn't like. I've never thought about this before. Would I sell, but just raise the price? Or be gracious and sell at the first price? Paintings can become like children; hard to part with. After all I did create them. Now even to sell them sounds so, so crass. Sell your own children! Maybe if I raised the prices higher? Or, give them away? I think I making too much out of this. As Laurie says "Take a deep breath and calm down."
You have over 40 painting! You need to sell some of them.
She's right...Hey, buddy wanna buy a painting...cheap.   

1 comment:

  1. Gene, you mentioned selling your own children. I'd sell three of mine. For the right price, of course!

    ReplyDelete